ACOME will participate to INCA's "Scaling up" conference
ACOME, an INCA member
INCA's (Independent networks cooperative association) mission is to promote and support the development of the UK infrastructure market bringing together all who contribute -designers, builders, operators, suppliers, professional services and local authorities. All INCA members, are working hard to scale their operations in order to better meet the ambitions targets for the rollout of full fibre and other gigabit-capable technologies.
As UK's Full-Fibre Broadband rollout project is taking off, scaling up the UK’s capability to design, build and operate the infrastructure required, is critical.
During this conference, which will take place online on April 14th, the discussion will include the importance of the right tools for network design and operations, and will include the latest developments in the build process and how best practice can reduce time and costs.
A panel discussion about Fibre network design.
Christophe CANEPA, product and standardisation corporate manager at ACOME, expert on FTTH roll out at the French Regulatory Authority (ARCEP) and chairman officer, convenor and active member at AFNOR, CENELEC and IEC standardization and technical associations, will bring his expertise during the panel discussion "Fibre Network Design".
He will explain how to make the optical fibre network as reliable as the copper network and how the network lifetime is closely related to the design of the optical cable.
A particular focus will be made on optical overhead infrastructure.
About the INCA's "Scaling up : Technical and Operations" conference program
11:00 : Welcome and Introduction : Rob Leenderts and James Saunby
11:05 : Interim Headline Findings from the INCA/Point Topic 2021 Sector Survey
Each year INCA and Point Topic survey the digital infrastructure landscape and produce a 'State of the Sector' report. Pre-publication, get the headline findings from this year's study.
11:10 : Keynote address: Scaling Up the UK : Paul Norris – Executive Chair, BDUK
11:25 : Q&A with Paul Norris
11:40 : Scaling Up: Fibre Network Design
- FTTH Network ePlanner : Graham Bolton, Geoff Buddington - Commscope
- Creating a Digital Twin of the Fibre Network : Anders Hellermark – Digpro
- Optical Overhead Infrastructure : Christophe Canepa – Acome
- Automate to Accelerate Wayleaves : Terry Daniell – Trenches Law
12:20 : Scaling Up: Wireless Network Design
- The Latest in Gigabit Wireless : David Burns – Wireless Covage
- Q&A Panel Discussion
12:40 : Networking Break
12:55 : Scaling Up: Active Network Design
- Provisioning across backhaul, metro and core : David Stokes – Ribbon
- G-PON to XGS-PON : Vimal Pindoria – Xantaro
- Breaking the strenglehold of the OLT vendors : Gerlas van den Hoven – Genexis
13:25 : Lunch and Networking Break
13:55 : Scaling Up: Existing Infrastructure
- Keynote: Access to Infrastructure : Grace Shaw – DCMS
- Outside-in Wholesale Requirements : James Saunby – INCA & GreySky Consulting
- NUAR : Stephen Thorp – Geospatial Commission
- TPI (the Trans-Pennine Initiative) and Asset re-use on Rail : Jamie Potter – Network Rail Telecom
- The Rural Challenge : Gary Littledyke – 5G RuralDorset
15:05 : Networking Break
15:20 : Scaling Up: Operations & Systems
- Digitising the Customer Journey : Johan Hjalmarsson – Netadmin
- Broadway - Why, When & How to Auromate : Lloyd Warn – Packetfront, Michael Armitage –Broadway Partners
- Multi Site Monitor : Craig Baker – Eltek
16:10 : Scaling Up: The Wholesale Discussion
- David Hough – TalkTalk
- Justin Leese – Spectrum Internet
- Tim Strannack – Community Fibre
- Lloyd Felton – County Broadband
- Jeremy Gray – The 4th Utility
- Michael Armitage – Broadway Partners
16:55 : Final wrap up
Other speakers still to be confirmed. This programme is subject to change.